OpenSesame supports a variety of course delivery methods to help reach your learners wherever they may be.
Please note that different elearning delivery methods often identify learners and track their progress differently.
As a result, if multiple delivery types are used for the same group of learners, it is likely that each person will occupy more than one seat license. This duplication would also affect reporting. (See bottom of article for exceptions.)
Once you’ve purchased licenses and selected courses to deliver—whether from a List or an individual course page—a Deliver Courses button will appear. Click it when you're ready to proceed:
If you have multiple license types for any of the selected courses, you will be prompted to choose which license to use. If you have no licenses for a course, an error message will appear and the course(s) will be removed from the queue.
Next, use the arrow at right to expand the menu and view the delivery methods available to your account:
Some options appear only after they’ve been configured. Most accounts will show fewer than this example:
Here is a brief explanation of each, in alphabetical order. For more details on any option, follow its link:
- AICC Launch URLs
- If your organization uses a learning platform that accepts AICC URLs, this option allows you to download URLs and metadata you can upload to your platform. Learners would log in to that platform to launch their courses.
- Download Packages
- If your organization uses a learning platform that supports the AICC or SCORM 1.2 file standards and you don’t use an integration, this option allows you to download files and metadata you can upload to your platform. Learners would log in to that platform to launch their courses.
- No LMS?
- If your organization has fewer than 100 learners and uses CourseCloud Legacy, this option allows you to send invitations via email. Learners would launch their courses either by clicking an emailed link or by logging in to OpenSesame.
- Quick Launch
- If your OpenSesame account has been configured to use SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) for validating learners, this option allows you to generate a launch link for each course. These links can then be copied and shared with your learners anywhere. (This method only supports learners who use SSO.)
- Send to Integration
- If your OpenSesame account has been configured with an integration, this option allows you to send courses directly to your organization’s learning platform. Learners would log in to that platform to launch their courses.
Finally, as mentioned earlier, if multiple delivery methods are used for the same group of learners, each learner might occupy multiple seats. This is because certain elearning standards identify learners differently.
The following combinations should not duplicate seats:
- If your OpenSesame account is configured with an integration that uses SSO, you can also use Quick Launch Links. (The SSO attribute used to identify learners must match.)
- If your OpenSesame account is configured with an earlier OpenSesame integration known as an “embedded catalog,” you can also download AICC or SCORM 1.2 files for use in the same integrated learning platform.
- If your OpenSesame account is configured with an integration that uses either AICC files or AICC URLs, you can also download AICC launch URLs. Those URLs would need to be used in the same integrated learning platform.
If in doubt, please test for duplication before rolling out your training program to learners.
Alternatively, if you manage distinct groups of learners and each group uses a separate learning platform, as long as individuals aren’t shared across multiple groups, there would be no opportunity for them to occupy more than one seat.
If you have further questions, our Support team is here to help via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat and phone. Feel free to reach us at (503) 808-1268, ext. 2, or at +44 203 744 5541 in Europe.