With OpenSesame Lists, it's never been easier to create and maintain tailored collections of courses for yourself or your learners. Collect courses into a List for your own review or to share with colleagues and stakeholders for feedback.
You can quickly and easily add courses to a List from search results or course pages, and you can also group items within a List, such as by job role, department, employee level, or whichever description you prefer. If you'd rather use a List already created by one of our Curation specialists, Curated Lists can help save time.
If you prefer videos, here is a walkthrough on creating and organizing Lists:
In this article:
- Create a List from search results
- Create a List from a course page
- Use groups to organize courses in a List
- Rearrange courses in a List
- Find your Lists
Create a List from search results
Ready to start developing your learning plan in OpenSesame? First, log in to your OpenSesame account and enter any topic in the search bar at top left.
1. To add a single course to a List, hover your cursor over the course's image and click the "Add to List" button that appears:
2. You will be prompted to select which course language(s) you want. Once done, click the “Select a List” button:
3. Next, you can either create a new List or add your selection to an existing List. Here we make a new one by selecting the option at left, entering a title, and then clicking the orange "Add to List" button at right:
4. Done! A confirmation box will appear at bottom center, and it will include an option to go straight to the new List:
To add more than one course at a time:
1. From the search results page, click the "Select courses" link at upper left:
2. Select the courses you want, then click the "Add to List" button at top:
3. Select the course language(s) you want, then click the “Select a List” button:
4. This time, we will use the "Add to Existing List" option at right and choose the List created in the previous example.
Your recently created Lists will be displayed for convenience, and if you have many different Lists, you can use the search bar to find specific ones. Click any List's title to select it, which will add a checkmark and a highlight.
Once satisfied with your selection, click the "Add to List" button:
5. The familiar confirmation message will appear, and you're done!
To go straight to the updated List, click the "View List" link in that message.
Create a List from a course page
If you decide to visit a course page instead:
1. From the search results, click on any course title to view its full details page. Once there, click the "Add to List" icon at center:
2. Create a new List or add to an existing one, and you’re done!
Use groups to organize courses in a List
Need to develop a learning plan for different audiences, but want to maintain it all in one List? Add groups!
If you have courses in your List you’d like to group together,
1. Select the courses by using the checkboxes at left:
2. Click the “New Group” button at right:
3. Enter a name for the group and click the checkmark to save the change:
4. Your courses are now grouped!
Note that adding an initial group to a List will put any remaining courses into an "Ungrouped Courses" section underneath:
Rearrange courses in a List
Need to rearrange courses already in a List?
You can drag and drop courses between groups or otherwise adjust their placement by clicking and holding the “drag” icon at the end of any row:
Find your Lists
Looking for your Lists?
When logged in, find all of your Lists by navigating to the account menu and selecting "Lists."
If you have further questions, our Support team is here to help via email at email@example.com or via live chat and phone. Feel free to reach us at (503) 808-1268, ext. 2, or at +44 203 744 5541 in Europe.
Article is closed for comments.