With OpenSesame Lists you can create and maintain tailored collections of courses for yourself or your learners. Collect courses for your own review or share Lists with colleagues and stakeholders for feedback.
Add courses to a List from search results or course pages, and group items within a List for further organization. (To learn about Lists already created by our content experts, see Curated Lists.)
If you prefer videos, here is a walkthrough on creating and organizing Lists:
In this article:
- Create a List from search results
- Create a List from a course page
- Use groups to organize courses in a List
- Rearrange courses in a List
- Find your Lists
Create a List from search results
Ready to start developing your learning plan in OpenSesame? First, log in to your OpenSesame account and enter any topic in the search bar.
1. To add a single course to a List, hover your cursor over the course image and click the Add to List button that appears:
2. If the course has multiple language options, select the ones you want. When done, click the Select a List button:
3. Next, you can create a new List or add your selection to an existing List. Create a new List by selecting the first option, entering a title for the new List, and then clicking the Add to List button:
4. Done! A confirmation will appear, and it will include a link to the List:
To add more than one course at a time:
1. When on the search results page, click the Select courses link:
2. Select the courses you want, then click the Add to List button:
3. If the courses have multiple language options, select the languages you want, then click the Select a List button:
4. This example uses the Add to existing List option.
The most recently created Lists appear by default. If you have many different Lists, use the search bar to find earlier ones. Click any List's title to select it.
Once satisfied with your selection, click the Add to List button:
5. A confirmation message will appear, and you're done!
To view the updated List, click the link in the confirmation.
Create a List from a course page
1. From the search results, click any course title to view its details page. When there, click the Add to List icon:
2. Create a new List or add to an existing one, as described previously, and you’re done!
Use groups to organize courses in a List
If you want to develop a learning plan for different audiences and maintain it all in one List, add groups.
1. In your List, select the courses you want to group together:
2. Click the New Group button:
3. Enter a name for the group and click the checkmark to save:
4. Your courses are now grouped!
Adding a group will put any remaining courses into an Ungrouped Courses section:
Rearrange courses in a List
To move a course within or between groups, click and hold its action icon, then drag the course to its destination and drop it:
Find your Lists
When logged in, find your Lists by opening the account menu and selecting Lists.
If you have further questions, our Support team is here to help via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat and phone. Feel free to reach us at (503) 808-1268, ext. 2, or at +44 203 744 5541 in Europe.