A Learning Management System, commonly known as an LMS, is a software application used to administer, document, track, report, and deliver eLearning content and training programs. While OpenSesame is not an LMS; we do provide quality content for use in learning management systems.
The American Society of Training and Development (ASTD) states in their Field Guide:
"While there are several definitions of a learning management system (LMS), the basic description is a software application that automates the administration, tracking, and reporting of training events. However, it’s not that simple. A robust LMS should be able to do the following:
- Centralize and automate administration
- Use self-service and self-guided services
- Assemble and deliver learning content rapidly
- Consolidate training initiatives on a scalable web-based platform
- Support portability and standards
- Personalize content and enable knowledge reuse.
More important, an LMS should integrate with other enterprise application solutions used by HR and accounting, enabling management to measure the impact, effectiveness, and over all cost of training initiatives."
Check out our blog posts for more info on Learning Management Systems:
Need to find an LMS for your company? Our list is a good place to start!