If your OpenSesame course is loading as a blank screen, its content may be trying to open in a pop-up. Below are the steps to allow pop-ups in your browser.
If you don't wish to allow all pop-ups going forward, be sure to change this setting back once you've completed your course.
Please be aware that, while all content hosted by OpenSesame and our publishers is safe, these changes would affect your browser's security settings for other websites as well. Do not hesitate to reach out to your IT team if you have any concerns about changing these settings.
Chrome (Latest version: 81.0)
- At the top right of your browser window, click the icon and then Settings
- Under the "Privacy and security" section, click Site Settings
- Next, click "Pop-ups and redirects"
- Set the toggle near the top to Allowed
- In the top left of your screen, click Firefox and then Preferences
- In the lefthand column, select Privacy & Security
- Scroll down to the Permissions section
- Uncheck the Block pop-up windows box
Internet Explorer 11
- Select the Tools gear icon in the upper right corner
- Next, select Internet options
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Under Pop-up Blocker, make sure Turn on Pop-up Blocker is unchecked
- Select OK
Safari (Latest version: 13.1)
- In the top left of your screen, click Safari
- Click Preferences in the drop-down menu
- Click the Websites globe icon found on the top row
- In the "General" column at left, click Pop-up Windows at the bottom
- Update its setting to Allow
If you have further questions, our Support team is here to help via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat and phone. Feel free to reach us at (503) 808-1268, ext. 2.