Note: These requirements are for using SAML SSO to log in to CourseCloud, our limited-access content delivery platform. If you do not use CourseCloud, see our SSO requirements for integrations.
CourseCloud supports the use of SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) for logging in. If you have a subset of users who cannot use SSO, however, then SSO will not be an option, as CourseCloud does not support mixed login methods.
If you choose to use SSO with CourseCloud, users will only be able to access CourseCloud once a SAML SSO connection exists between the SAML SSO identity provider (IdP) of your choice and OpenSesame. Users must also be created in CourseCloud before they can access it.
To get started, please confirm that all CourseCloud users within your organization:
- Have a unique email address
- Are added as users in your Single Sign-On provider
In addition, please ask your IT team to confirm that your IdP meets the following requirements:
- It supports SAML 2.0 authentication
- It supports Service Provider Initiated (SP-initiated) authentication and can disable Identity Provider Initiated (IdP-initiated) authentication per application
- It can supply these custom SAML attributes, to be sent in SAML responses:
- A unique learner identifier (must be a unique email address)
- A first and last name attribute (optional; necessary to use the reporting available in OpenSesame)
If you have further questions, our Support team is here to help via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat and phone. Feel free to reach us at (503) 808-1268, ext. 2, or at +44 203 744 5541 in Europe.