Note: These requirements are for OpenSesame integrations and content launch types that use SAML SSO. They do not describe SSO for logging in to opensesame.com.
Some OpenSesame integrations use SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) to validate access, which means that learners cannot successfully launch OpenSesame courses until a SAML SSO link exists between the SAML SSO identity provider (IdP) of your choice and OpenSesame. Specific metadata details must be exchanged before either side of that link can be created.
If you plan to use Quick Launch Links or an integration that requires you to have your own SAML SSO Identity Provider (IdP), please ask your IT team to confirm that your IdP meets the following requirements:
- It supports SAML authentication
- It supports Service Provider Initiated (SP-initiated) authentication and can disable Identity Provider Initiated (IdP-initiated) authentication per application
- It can supply these custom SAML attributes, to be sent in SAML responses:
- A unique and persistent studentID attribute (either an email address or a unique company identifier)
- A combined first and last name attribute (optional; necessary to use the reporting available in OpenSesame)
If you have further questions, our Support team is here to help via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat and phone. Feel free to reach us at (503) 808-1268, ext. 2, or at +44 203 744 5541 in Europe.
Article is closed for comments.