Accessing user activity on your OpenSesame Dashboard
As an admin, there are multiple ways to check on your users’ progress.
First, make sure you are accessing your OpenSesame Dashboard through an admin account. In most cases, Learning Admins log in to opensesame.com directly. (If you use an Embedded Catalog Integration, be sure you’re accessing OpenSesame from within your LMS.)
User progress by course
To see the status of all users for a specific course, navigate to the course in question on either the OpenSesame Plus, Purchased Courses, or PPU tab, depending on your license type:
Once you’ve located the training you want see the activity for, click the “Manage” or “Report” button next to the course. You will then see the statuses of all learners who have either started that course or have been assigned to it in CourseCloud Legacy.
If there is a specific user you would like to view, you can use the search bar on the right to filter by “Student Name.”
The “Activity Report” tab is only visible if your delivery preference is set to “LMS” or “CourseCloud.” Instead of just one course, this report shows the activity across all your courses within a specific timeframe.
Every entry within the Activity Report includes:
- User - A unique ID for the learner, either automatically sent to OpenSesame by your learning platform or manually entered (via CourseCloud Legacy)
- Course Title - The name of the course in the OpenSesame catalog
- Course Publisher - The publisher that created the course
- Date First Added - When the user was initially added to the training
- Date Started - When the user first launched the training
- Completion Status - Shows if the course is “Complete” or “Not Complete”
- License Type - Which OpenSesame license type this course uses
- Duration Tracked - The total amount of time spent in the course, as recorded by the course
When applicable, you will also see a completion certificate, a completion date, and—if provided by the course—a score.
By default, the Activity Report tab shows you all content that has been started in the past 90 days. You can click the “Past 30 Days” or “Year to Date” buttons to update the results. You can also enter a learner’s name in the “Student Name” field to see the entries for all courses the learner started during your selected time period.
If you’re looking for records of courses started further in the past, you can download a report for a specific year. Simply click on the year’s button to download a CSV. This CSV can be opened in whichever spreadsheet app you prefer, such as Google Sheets or Excel, for review.
If you have further questions, our Support team is here to help via email at email@example.com or via live chat and phone. Feel free to reach us at (503) 808-1268, ext. 2, or at +44 203 744 5541 in Europe.