Learning objectives are statements that describe the change in knowledge or behavior that will occur as a result of participation in a course or learning experience.
A well written Learning Objective should:
- Clearly describe what specific skills and abilities a learner will gain as a result of participating in the course
- Help the learner understand the desired outcomes of the course
- Provide measurable how practice activities and knowledge checks will support objectives
Example of a poorly defined Learning Objective:
Upon completion of this training, employees will know the phone system and be able to operate the phone.
Example of measurable Learning Objectives:
Upon completion of this training, employees will be able to:
- Answer in-bound calls, place out-bound calls
- Forward calls to other extensions
- Place a caller on hold (and return to a held caller)
- Listen to, forward, save and delete voicemail messages
- Set-up their personal voicemail inbox
Please refer to our blog post for more information.